Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Garden, Day 8

Not a whole lot has changed in the last week. As a matter of fact, if anything we've taken a few steps backwards. The first night a local alley cat managed to decimate the catnip. I can't really cry about that as that's what's pretty much expected of cats. Also lost two sweet basil plants and the jalapeno plant to strong overnight winds. They're replaceable, but ugh! more delays!

Meanwhile the gutters still aren't cleaned, the culvert in front of the house is still full of debris and there's more bulbs needing planting.

And there's the garden expansion.

And still no rain barrel.

sigh

2 comments:

Moxie said...

RAIN BARREL! Let's get on that. I want to make a rain barrel and then I shall spray paint it. (Hot pink!) ;-)

Megan Stuke said...

I lost my basil too. Farmer's market. Maybe I will add that to my weekend list. What's one more thing?